Monday, April 6, 2009

Update

Brandon has pneumonia on top of everything else. They gave him a little contraption that he has to blow into at least once an hour. It pushes the marble to the top of a column. He has to do 10 repetitions. When he does it, you can see the pain on his face since he only has a half of one lung that is still good.
All of the pain he is in is really hard for the rest of us to watch. It is especially hard on Chrissy, who is now 6 months pregnant. She has been very strong through all of this, but has her moments when tears slip out. Brandon can see how hard it is on her and his dad. Chrissy and Matt stepped out of the room for a moment to speak with a doctor. Brandon turned to Tom and said, “I have to get better so they aren’t so sad, can you give me the breathing thing?”
That is Brandon, in a nutshell. I have never met a sweeter kid in all my life. He is always thinking about other people first. When I was over at their house on Thursday before he went to the hospital, I had just walked in and Brandon was in a lot of pain. He was asking me for something and I asked him a question as I went to get it. He said, “Can you just hurry up an get it.” So, I did. About 20 minutes later he was looking all sad and he apologized to me for being a jerk. I told him he is not allowed to apologize. He is in pain and I wasn’t moving fast enough, I should be apologizing to him.
The update for today: He is getting an MRI done around 9am. They last about 1 hour and 45 minutes. After they receive the results they will know if the infection is pooling in his leg. If it is, he may be going in for surgery.

Also, many have been asking where Roman is. He is staying with Tom’s parents. Chrissy and Tom were able to spend a little time with him yesterday. As they were leaving Roman told them to go be with Brandon, because he can’t be alone right now. It seems like Brandon’s sweetness may have rubbed off a little on his younger brother.

0 comments: